microregion - ecclesiastical architecture
Memorial of the Fallen in Opavice
Joseph Obeth is the author of a monumental Memorial of the Fallen in World War I, located in Opavice. Obeth was the best and most productive Silesian sculptor in the first half of the 20th century.
Monastery in Mesto Albrechtice
A complex of buildings includes historicizing construction elements. It was built in 1930´s. The monastery belongs to the Order of Merciful Sisters by Karel Boromejsky. It includes maternity house with a pseudobaroque shield, monastery church of the Holy Family, Novitiate, engine room, laundry and former Order hospital of Saint Karel. Local part of Mesto Albrechtice is also rich in construction curiosities and monuments.
Visitation of Virgin Mary Church in Mesto Albrechtice
The church was built in a late Baroque style and it is a significant dominant of Mesto Albrechtice. It was built in the place of the first catholic temple from 1610, which burnt down in 1746. The present appearance comes from the last quarter of the 18th century. In terms of architecture, the most valuable is western frontage facing the square, highlighted by a tower. Paintings placed on altars were painted by Albert Adam and they come from the second half of the 19th century.
Saint Anna Column in Mesto Albrechtice
Jan Ambroz Kravutschke, who was a town councillor and merchant, had a Baroque column built at his own expense in 1719. Translated pedestal inscriptions say: Virgin Mary, forever We praise You, You are the one who accommodate the poor, the Mother of God. Let´s pay tribute to Great God as well as Christ. Forever have the patronage over Albrechtice, Holy Mother Anna.
Saint Jeronym Chapel in Hermanovice
Saint Jeronym Chapel is another sacral monument in the village, located just opposite the house number 10. There is a sandstone polychromated statue of a saint in a traditional cloth, carying a cross in his arms. It is a smallish life-sized statue and is placed on a squared pedestal, decorated with shell and volute-shaped objects and inscription 1778 HBC.
Text by: Village of Hermanovice